miércoles, 6 de agosto de 2014

Espitia Gallery Presents: Artist Gabriela Taylor from England.

A self taught artist born in Bucharest the capital of Romania. In 2005 she graduated from the University of Bucharest with a degree in social work and then moved to England in 2007 where she started her career as an artist in 2010. www.espitiagallery.com 

A restless mind / Acrylic on canvas

Ideas and Inspiration
"As a child I used to spent most of my holidays in the countryside. The love of art came to me very early in my childhood and the time spent in nature left my imagination free and enriched with the most beautiful images. I believe that art was for me a way of self-expression, an impulse to show others the different ways of rearranging my reality in my unique own order. My interest in psychology and philosophy helped me to define and express the concepts that I had developed and expressed in my artworks. Working as a social worker was an opportunity to add more depth to the image of the human feelings and ways of self-expression. For me art is my way of understanding and sharing with others the miracle of life. I believe creating is the primordial force that allows me to descend into the mysterious side of our reality and bring to the surface the unexpected aspects of objects, emotions, feelings, relations. An inspiration in my works is life itself with its mystery and miracle. Human experiences, condition and connection with nature are the main themes found in my works. I love to transform things around me, associating ideas in a metaphorical way of thinking, showing the energy that binds them together. The majority of my artworks are painted with acrylic on large scale canvas, however sometimes I use different mediums in order to build certain heavy textures. The themes of my works are mixed with a reflection of what Romanian culture has left as a finger print upon my mind and spirit".     


Artist: Gaby Taylor

Espitia Gallery
Wynwood Art District 2294C NW 2nd Ave Miami FL 33127 USA



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.